Today's video is all about how to clean your silver jewelry with all natural products you have at home.
What you'll need:
1. Flat bottom glass or ceramic pan with sides high enough to hold water
2. Baking soda
3. Aluminum foil
4. Hot water (almost to boiling point)
5. Rinse water
6. Soft cloth or towel for drying well
7. Your tarnished silver jewelry
Steps to clean your silver jewelry:
1. Line your glass or ceramic pan with aluminum foil
2. Place your silver jewelry on the aluminum being careful to remove all stones from your chain first. (Make sure the jewelry is touching the aluminum.)
3. Sprinkle baking soda over the jewelry
4. Pour hot water over baking soda to cover all the jewelry
5. Rock the pan gently until all the pieces are tarnish free
6. Rinse well, dry thoroughly and store in air tight container.
Remember....oxygen and moisture cause tarnish to develop more rapidly so dry your jewelry as well as possible and store in air tight containers to keep moisture and oxygen away from your jewelry when you aren't wearing it.
**Take care not to use this method with antique jewelry that has a patina you like or other jewelry with a patina finish. Patina is essentially controlled tarnish and this method will clean off your patina. In this case, use a silver polishing cloth to clean the areas you'd like to shine and keep the patina where you want it.
This is a quick and easy, all natural way to clean large amounts of silver jewelry at home so you spend more time enjoying your shiny clean jewelry for years to come.
If you like tips like these, please share this page with your friends and let me know in the comments below. Would you like to see more videos like these? Do you have questions about jewelry you'd love answered? Let me know that too so I can bring you more helpful tips in the future. Thanks for watching! xo Ana
Ana Maria Andricain
Ana is a metal clay certified artist creating handcrafted nature inspired artisan jewelry from her Baton Rouge studio. If you love natural gemstones and metal, welcome home!